Saturday, June 27, 2015

I Should Apologize to Lot

I remember as a teen and young adult I would read the story of Lot and wonder *how* he could stay in Sodom when if vexed his 'righteous' soul.
Now I can understand.  I live in Sodom now.  I am not just speaking of homosexuality.  I live in a country who has for all intents and purposed turned her back on God and is not even remotely a Christian nation.  Everyone has right here it seems except Christians.  And I can only see this getting worse, since I see many who claim to be saved pushing the agendas completely opposite to the Word of God.
It vexes my soul.  I grieve for America.

And yet, I still love her. I still want her saved.  I still want God's blessings upon her.  I still want to be a light of the Gospel in this heathen nation.

I need to apologize to Lot.  He probably felt just like me.

  God save America- 
  Land that I love, 
  Start with me, Lord
  To be, Lord 
  One whose life proves that God lives above, 
  Bring salvation to our nation,
  That each one will hear and heed, 
  God save America, we humbly plead,
  God save America, we humbly plead.

June 27, 2015

2 comments:

  1. I disagree that Sodom and America are the same. Remember, in Sodom, there was not found to be even 1 righteous person that could stay the hand of God. In America, we have hundreds of thousands, even millions of believers who are trying to do right in the sight of God. That alone is reason enough for God to shield us from his judgment, or even save the country. We certainly have much more hope than Sodom did. We just need to rise up and take a stand and be heard. Unlike in Sodom, there IS a moral majority here in America. Keep going, keep working, keep praying, and keep spreading the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the comment, but I am sure there are towns in America without one righteous person. I have no doubt. I think Sodom and America are twins.

    ReplyDelete