Sunday, October 14, 2018

Last week a friend posted a song on her wall. I’ve listened to this song over and over. The past few years have been ones of struggle and pain and heartache and secrets. At times I truly felt like a I was losing my mind, I struggled to hold it together. I had to see that I can’t control my life. I have to let God do that . Read some of the lyrics of this song:
“So long to shame, walk through the sorrow
Out of the fire into tomorrow
So flush the pills, face the fear
Feel the wave disappear
We're comin' clear, we're born again
Our hopeful lungs can breathe again
Oh, we can breathe again”
I had to burn my ship. I had to rise up and face a new day. I had to face my fear.
We can’t live in castles of lies. God has not given us the spirit of fear. He wants us to live in His power. His love. His sound mind. Jesus came so we can have LIFE. And not just life but abundant life.
So “Step into a new day
We can rise up from the dust and walk away
We can dance upon our heartache, yeah
So light a match, leave the past, burn the ships
And don't you look back”

https://youtu.be/pOVrOuKVBuY

No comments:

Post a Comment